
I decided to put in the 1st two sections of the Declaration of Independence. I spend a solid week in my class really dissecting this document with my students and making sure that they realize how important word selection and phrasing truly is. Thomas Jefferson’s genius was not just the ideas that were infused in this document but how they were described. He understood that phrasing these ideas in just the right way could make this document live forever.
When I saw the image that was created I was very pleased with the result. I initially loved the fact that it was displayed in black and white. I really like the powerful contrast between the black background and the white font. It is a nice dichotomy from the black text on white pages the kids are reading from their text book.
Answering the question, Is this image hierarchically accurate?” is kind of difficult. In dealing with the overall meaning of the Declaration of Independence, probably not. Because it is a randomly generated image certain terms or words may not be as prominent as they should be. In terms of studying the many underlying themes and messages contained in this document, this image brings different and maybe overlooked words to the forefront. I will definitely be using this image and Wordle with my students next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment